Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Happy Birthday Alice and let Christmas Vacation Begin

Alice turned 4 this year and there was nothing that I could say to talk her out of a "flat chocolate cake." Not that I tried really hard, I'm a big fan of Texas sheet cake.


She was so excited to be the center of attention all day beginning with Helen shouting "Happy Birthday Alice!" when the alarm clock goes off. Jane even gave her the sticker she got from Kindergarten to celebrate. Here she is with a set of gears that are a gift that keep giving.


On the first day of winter break I decided it was time to start scraping the wallpaper off the walls of the second bedroom. The kids were delighted, ecstatic, excited beyond words to get to help. Helen is my most diligent helper and able to pull the biggest sheets of wallpaper off the wall to date.


Jane calls herself "the wallpaper scraping machine" and Alice was always willing to lend a hand with the squirt bottle.


I thought we could try the pressure sprayer to get more water on the wallpaper. Here is Carl using all his muscles and his forehead to pump it up.


I've since decided not to use said sprayer because of the number of falls we've had in puddles on the floor. When questioned the kids all blamed Carl for the water on the floor. Not that I didn't see some real casual spraying from other quarters with all sorts of swinging arms punctuating the excitement of scraping wallpaper. I'm happy to report that with recent my recent policy changes OSHA has not shut our production down. 

No comments: